Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hello Everyone,
I can hardly believe another month has come and gone. Between my 18 hours of class time at NGU, my duties as an RA, my community service, my part-time job at Bi-Lo (which is really part time these days) and preparing for Miss South Carolina – I am REALLY busy! My classes start at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and I end at 4:45 p.m. with just an hour for lunch. On Tuesdays I go to Chandler Creek Elementary School where I will be observing and teaching 4th grade.
Since my last blog, a lot has taken place on my journey to Miss South Carolina. I have completed my wardrobe (except for interview) for state. I have also selected my song for the talent competition. And guess what, I'm not twirling – I’m singing once again. I have truly been blessed to have great LED’s (Frannie and Terri) this year. They, along with Greg and the staff at Gregory Ellenburgs have been so encouraging and supportive of my ideas and wishes as well as offering outstanding advice. Thanks guys!!!!
I have also been very busy with appearances this past month. I was honored to be a guest on “Your Carolina” TV show (WSPA) with Kimberly Kelly and Jack Roper. I also was co-MC for the Miss Landmark Pageant at Pendleton High School. This was a very special event for me due to the fact that Pendleton was where I graduated from and I am a former Miss Landmark.
February brings with it two special days for me. First, on the February 4th I celebrate my 22nd birthday. This coming Sunday (February 1st) my family and friends are invited to come to church with me. Following the service we will all go out to lunch. I really enjoy the time that can spend with the people closest to me. Second, February 14th is Valentine’s Day. I have been busy making and writing Valentines for two special groups. 1) I have begun a campaign I call “Troop Valentine” where I, with the help of our children and youth at church and a local Girl Scout troop, have written and are sending Valentines to soldiers serving our country. 2) I will be delivering valentines to area hospitals (including the Children’s Hospital in Greenville, SC) and nursing homes.
Well, I guess that is enough for now. I encourge you all to continue to pray for America and our new president and leaders. Finally I leave you with one of my favorite quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” (This Is My Story,1937).

No comments: