Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Forum


Hello Everyone,
March Forum was great. I was so happy to have my parents and my grandparents, Papa and Mamma Wannie, with me this year. Jonathan wasn’t able to attend this year. He and Leslie, his girlfriend, had a horse show to attend. Sorry it rained you out guys!!!! Mikaela Groomes, one of my Palmetto Princesses also attended.
Friday night was the first time I had the chance to see and meet many of the queens. I must say, they are all so lovely in physical beauty, but what was so impressive was seeing their inner beauty. I have always been told that “beauty is only skin deep.” If that is indeed true, the ladies I met at the Forum need not worry, they have both!
Saturday morning started very early as The Greater Pee Dee Team (Dad, Mikaela, and I) arrived at USC Upstate for the “Fit to Be Crowned” 5K run. The weather was horrible. It was cold and rainy the whole time. Miss America, Katie Stamm, was there with Anna Perry (Miss SC), Courtney Cisson (Miss SC Teen) and Taylor Fitch (Miss America’s Outstanding Teen). Since running is not one of my strong points, it only goes to reason that I did not make one of the fastest times. In fact, none of us did. We did finish however and we have the photos to prove it! I did enjoy walking with and talking with many of the queens, especially Desiree, Miss Greater Mauldin.
Following lunch on Saturday was the fashion show. I was honored that Ms. Teresa, owner of Precious Formals in Newberry, SC, asked me to model a beautiful aqua blue Sherri Hill gown.
Saturday night was the Miss Northern/Southern pageant. As I sat there watching these girls compete, I couldn’t help but feel their excitement. I knew what they were feeling because I competed in that pageant in 2007 when I won the title of Miss Southern. The girls all did a great job and I congratulate all the winners.
All in all I think the forum was a big success. Now is the time to really get busy. There are ad pages to sell, recognition pages to work for and, after seeing the girls, exercise to do!!!! So let's get busy and I will talk to you soon.
Until Next Time – God Bless,
Gayla
P.S. Have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everybody!!!!!

No comments: