Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Spring Break!!!!!!!


Hi Everyone,
It’s Spring Break!!!!! While others are traveling to lavish locations for some much needed R&R (well maybe?), I will be doing a lot of traveling myself! MY spring break will be spent recording radio spots for WGOG, assisting at blood drives and meeting Ta’sheoma Bethea, my child of achievement which I am very excited about.
Classes at NGU are going well, but I have to say I am looking forward to having some time away from the books. I will miss my students at Chandlers Creek Elementary School.
Over the past few weeks I have been pretty busy with school and appearances. I was grateful to be on WGGS, Channel 16 with my fellow queens Elizabeth, Ashley, and Autumn. What a great night! This only my second time on live TV – my first time singing! I must confess that I felt a little awkward, especially when the camera came within inches if my face!!! All I could think about was, “Ok Gayla, don’t move or you will knock this camera out of his hands!” Autumn’s version of “How Great Thou Art” was just beautiful. All in all it was a GREAT night.
I can hardly believe that March Forum is this coming weekend. Where has the time gone? When I was crowned back in October it seemed so far away, and now it’s next weekend! I will say that I am excited about meeting the queens and spending time with all the girls I have met so far. I will let you know how it turns out!
Until Then – God Bless,
Gayla

No comments: